Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wyatt Dean Ross - He's Here!

It has been a long night, well night & day, but I wanted to get something posted before I went to bed.

Last night (Oct 21) Laura started having contractions around 1AM. They came on quick and strong so we called my Mother to rush to our place so she could watch Kianna while we went to the hospital. Because of H1N1 they are not allowing anyone under the age of 18 in the Baby Center at the Hospital, hence the reason we had to call my Mother to watch Kianna.

Laura was in a lot of pain when we arrived at the triage center around 2Am. They quickly checked her out and found that after only 1 hour of contractions, she was already 9cm dilated, which was causing the contractions to be so intense. Laura desperately wanted an Epidural, but they said she was probably too far along to get one. That did not sit well with her, and she continued to ask for one. Luckily for her, although at 9cm, her water had not yet broke, and they were finally able to administer the Epidural. It took quickly and she was ready to have the baby.

Everything continued to happen at a rapid pace, and within 4 sets of contractions/pushing Wyatt was here. Total labor time from first contraction to birth, 2 hours 29 min.

He is a strong and healthy baby boy, weighing 7lbs 13oz, and is 20in long. He also has his Sister's nose.


It has been rough on Kianna not being able to be with us and the baby. She really wants to see "Baby Wyatt" as she refers to him, and doesn't understand why she can't see her Mom either. Grandma Tammi brought her to the hospital lobby, and I used our notebooks to show Kianna a video of her Mom and Wyatt via Skype. She seemed to enjoy it, but I could tell she really wants to hold him. She just needs to hold on for a day or two more and she can have some up-close time with Wyatt.













Here is a video of the delivery. It's not graphic at all, so don't worry about being grossed out or anything of that nature.

Wyatt Dean Ross - Delivery Video from Zane Ross on Vimeo.

7 comments:

Matt and Marie said...

Congrats! He is beautiful. Boys are so much fun. I hope your recovery is fast! And poor Kianna, I feel bad that she can't come see :( Congrats again!

The Moyers said...

Hurrah! I'm glad that he's here. We can't wait to meet him!

Megan Hall said...

That is so amazing I can't believe he came soo fast. I love him already. He is so adorable. Good job guys!

CassParelli said...

Congratulations! What a darling little boy! I want to give him a squeeze.

The Shepherd Family said...

Congratulations! His cute crying almost made me cry cause it reminded me of when Landon was born. I can't wait for my next one to arrive. Laura you look great for just having a baby! Maybe we'll see you guys at Mia's reception. Congratulations again!!

Christina said...

Oh, he's so cute, I can't wait to meet him. I LOVE those cheeks.

Laurie said...

He is beautiful!! And Laura you were a real trooper!! SO happy for all of you..watching your video made me tear up..what a gift from God and I don't care how many deliveries I've witnessed, it always amazes me at the miracle of life. Love you ox