Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hiking with the Bros

Ren and Kaylon are both home from Iraq now, and were here for the 4th. Here are some pictures of them with or holding Kianna.













Over the 4th weekend my brothers and I decided to go for a hike near Pagosa Springs, CO. I am taking 15 youth boys into the mountains this week for 5 days, but I had yet to find the perfect camping site for them. With the help of some family that live in the area, I was able to locate a place that will be perfect. But seeing it on a Topo Map and being there in person are very different. So we took off for a day of hiking and got some really good pictures along the way.

Ren is the little brown spec amongst the tall Aspen forest.











The three of us near the lake that we will be camping at. The lake is unnamed on all the maps, so we have decided to call it "Ross Lake". What a perfect camping location. The water is even clean enough to drink right out of the stream. I decided to test it and drank 1 liter of water right form the stream coming out of the lake. I didn't get sick, so I'm claiming its Giardia free!











If you click on the picture to see it bigger, you can see Kaylon dangling off the edge of a cliff overlooking a beautiful valley near Pagosa Springs.

3 comments:

Lance and Becky said...

How beautiful! I need to go hiking man! Laura and Charish are so beautiful. I can't believe how much Charish has grown up...I guess it's been a while since I've seen her though :)

EstesSBTAK said...

It was great to see you guys this summer. Kiana is super cute! I love the pictures of the mountains- they are simply breathtaking! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.