Monday, July 27, 2009

High Adventure 2009

I was able to go on the High Adventure this year again with the Scouts, and it was great. This year we went to the Flattops Wilderness about 4 hours NW of Denver. We camped near the shore of Ram's Horn Lake.













It was nice to get away from the office for a week and be able to enjoy the great outdoors. We did a lot of relaxing, eating, shooting, fishing, swimming, and even had a raft building contest and raced them across the lake. The raft built by the adults was pretty impressive, and we quickly pulled away from the scouts.













But on the way back, they cut us off and decided that since they couldn't beat us, they would try to sink us. At that point I stripped down to my undines, and jumped in to help the adults and save our precious raft. I succeeded in untying the logs from the scouts raft and forced them to surrender. They agreed and we all swam back to the start line together on the adults raft.













As I mentioned before, we did some fishing as well. The lake we camped at was pretty bad fishing, so on the last morning before heading home, I got up early with one of the other adult leaders and we hiked to a different lake. Fishing was much better there and I walked away with 3 Cutthroat Trout. We all ate them for lunch. It was a good week.

No comments: